For golfers, it is obvious to combine the annual vacation with the game of golf and make it a golf trip. Both within and outside Europe, the Golf Post community has already had unforgettable experiences and can make first-class recommendations. The clear favorite, however, is right next door: most of the golf courses that receive an award from the Golf Post Community, as well as all category winners, are located in our neighboring country of Austria. This speaks above all for the strength of the Austrian Golf Post Community, but also for Austria as a sought-after golf travel destination.
Golf Post Community Award 2023: The category winners
The Adamstal Golf Club in the foothills of the Alps in Lower Austria won five stars in the “Landscape” category. With a total of 27 holes, the golf course nestles into the hilly mountain panorama and amazes many a golfer. Streams, terrain steps, forest clearings and rock formations make the course unique and the golfing experience at the Golfclub Adamstal an unforgettable one!
The Golfclub Zillertal Uderns was remembered by most community members for its excellent maintenance. In the category “course condition” the golf course impresses with excellently maintained fairways. At 550 meters above sea level, the flat golf course invites to a sunny playing season from March to November under best conditions.
In the “welcome culture” category, the Murstätten Golf Club in southern Austria came out on top with five out of five stars. Whether golf course, restaurant or golf school – cordiality is written in capital letters at the Golfclub Murstätten, so that the club can call itself the winner in the category “Welcome Culture”. With a total of 27 holes in beautiful natural surroundings, the course is a popular destination that our community will rave about for a long time to come.
The Golf Club am Mondsee was voted top club in the “value for money” category by the Golf Post community. Last year, the golf club already won a community award, and this year it can also call itself the category winner. The Austrian golf course promises a coherent overall package at a fair price. Idyllic location and beautiful ambience at the Mondsee as well as Drachensee meet challenge and vacation flair.
In the last category, the “Gastronomy” category, the winner is the Dolomitengolf Golf Club in East Tyrol. This is also a repeat offender in the history of the Golf Post Community Award. Among other things, the golf club is remembered for its restaurant, which attracts not only golfers but also excursionists and gourmets. The restaurant promises culinary variety from small snacks for in between meals to daily fresh recommendations from the kitchen team.
From golfers for golfers
The Golf Post Community Award was presented for the fifth time this year, and for the first time international golf clubs were also honored. The “jury” here is the Golf Post Community, whose ratings paint an authentic picture of golf facilities in Germany. Golf clubs all over the world can also be rated beyond Germany. Up to five stars can be awarded in each of five categories. A total of 15 facilities outside Germany receive the coveted “Top Golf Club” award thanks to the best ratings. 35 other international clubs with an average rating of at least 4.5 out of 5 stars will receive the award as a recommendation from the community.
The international top golf clubs:
- Golfclub Dolomitengolf Osttirol (Austria, category winner “gastronomy”)
- GC Adamstal – Franz Wittmann (Austria, category winner “Landscape”)
- GC Zillertal Uderns (Austria, category winner “course condition”)
- Golfclub Murstätten (Austria, Category Winner “Welcome Culture”)
- GC Achensee (Austria)
- Club de Golf Alcanada (Spain)
- GC Reit im Winkl Kössen (Austria)
- GC Wilder Kaiser Ellmau (Austria)
- Golf Club Novo Sancti Petri (Spain)
- Gardagolf Country Club (Italy)
- Diamond Country Club (Austria)
- GC Kitzbühel (Austria)
- Aphrodite Hills Golf (Cyprus)
- Golfclub Klagenfurt-Seltenheim (Austria)
- The Montgomery Maxx Royal (Turkey)
More Golf Post community recommendations worldwide:
- GC am Mondsee (Austria, category winner “value for money”)
- Gloria Golf Resort Belek (Turkey)
- Grazer Golfclub Thalersee (Austria)
- Pula Golf (Spain)
- Lopesan Meloneras Golf (Spain)
- Golf Club Crans-sur-Sierre (Switzerland)
- Golf Club Salzburg Gut Kaltenhausen (Austria)
- Mieminger Plateau Golf Park (Austria)
- Monte Rei Golf & Country Club (Portugal)
- Golf Son Gual (Spain)
- Golf de Andratx (Spain)
- Marco Simone Golf & Country Club (Italy)
- GC Radstadt (Austria)
- GC Seefeld (Austria)
- GC Mondsee (Austria)
- Canyamel Golf (Spain)
- Franciacorta Golf Club (Italy)
- Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club (Mauritius)
- De Texelse Golf Club (Netherlands)
- Carinthian Golf Club Dellach (Austria)
- Colony Club Gutenhof (Austria)
- Golfpark Klopeinersee-Südkärnten (Austria)
- Praia d’El Rey Golf & Country Club (Portugal)
- Pine Cliffs Golf & Country Club (Portugal)
- Robinson Club Nobilis (Turkey)
- Costa Navarino – The Dunes Course (Greece)
- Lana Golf Club (Italy)
- Arzaga Golf Club (Italy)
- Golf Club Dolomiti (Italy)
- Golf Club Linz St. Florian (Austria)
- GC Schwarzsee (Austria)
- Golfpark Bregenzerwald (Austria)
- Golf Club Murau Kreischberg (Austria)
- Arabella Golf Son Quint (Spain)
- Golf Santa Ponsa I (Spain)
You have already played these golf courses? Then rate them now in the Golf Post Course Finder. Other golfers will benefit from your experience and you can also view tens of thousands of reviews and plan your next golf experience. You can also rate all other golf courses in Europe.