Following his Dubai victory, Patrick Reed faces a decision as his LIV Golf contract remains open with the Riyadh season start approaching.
At a press conference after his win at the Hero Dubai Desert Classic on the DP World Tour, Texan Patrick Reed spoke about his future with the Saudi Arabian golf league LIV Golf. Reed was asked if he would participate in LIV Golf’s season opener in Riyadh this February, as he had previously been evasive about his plans. Reed, who has played with the 4Aces GC team since June 2022, initially said he should be ready for the next LIV Golf season, leading to further questioning during the press conference.
LIV Golf Contract Not Yet Renewed
It became clear that the 35-year-old has not yet extended his contract with LIV Golf and intends to finalize details with the Saudi league within about two weeks before the season-opening event, LIV Golf Riyadh, from February 4 to 7. \”We are still working on contract details,\” Reed stated, adding, \”We are not finished yet.\”
Patrick Reed says he has not yet re-signed with LIV Golf for the 2026 season, but that he would be \”surprised\” if he isn’t playing at LIV’s season opener in Riyadh. pic.twitter.com/2mwUQzzWdz
— Golf Digest (@GolfDigest) January 25, 2026
Reed explained that during tournament phases he prefers not to engage in business matters: \”I don’t like discussing business or similar things while playing. That’s why Monday through Wednesday is the only time to talk about it,\” he added. \”When I arrived here this week, I knew that from Thursday on I would focus solely on golf. Starting tonight and tomorrow, we can talk about other things again.\”
Patrick Reed: \”Currently Planning to Compete in Riyadh\”
Patrick Reed is also part of the field for the next DP World Tour event, the Bapco Energies Bahrain Championship. Despite the uncertainty, Reed expects to renew his contract: \”I haven’t spoken to my team at home or anything yet,\” Reed said. \”But at the moment, I plan to compete in Riyadh and would be