After winning in Dubai, Patrick Reed faces a decision as his LIV Golf contract remains unsigned and the Riyadh season opener approaches.
In a press conference following his victory at the Hero Dubai Desert Classic on the DP World Tour, Texan Patrick Reed spoke about his future in the Saudi-backed golf league LIV Golf. During the conference, Reed was asked if he would participate in LIV Golf’s season opener in Riyadh in early February, as he had previously been evasive on this topic. Reed, who has played with LIV Golf’s 4Aces GC team since June 2022, initially said he \”should be ready\” for the next LIV Golf season, prompting further questions.
LIV Golf Contract Not Yet Renewed
It became clear that the 35-year-old has not yet extended his contract with LIV Golf and wants to finalize details with the Saudi league within a roughly two-week timeframe leading up to the LIV Golf Riyadh tournament from February 4 to 7. \”We’re still working on the contract details,\” Reed said, adding, \”We are not finished yet.\”
Patrick Reed says he has not yet re-signed with LIV Golf for the 2026 season, but that he would be ‘surprised’ if he isn’t playing at LIV’s season opener in Riyadh. pic.twitter.com/2mwUQzzWdz
— Golf Digest (@GolfDigest) January 25, 2026
Reed explained that he prefers not to discuss business matters during tournaments: \”I don’t like to talk business or the like while playing. That’s why Monday to Wednesday is the only time to discuss that,\” he added. \”When I came here this week, I knew from Thursday on I’d focus solely on golf. Starting tonight and tomorrow, we can talk about other things again.\”
Patrick Reed Plans to Play in Riyadh
Patrick Reed is also entered in the upcoming DP World Tour event, the Bapco Energies Bahrain Championship. Despite the uncertainty, Reed expects to extend his contract: \”I haven’t spoken to my team at home or anything,\” he said. \”But right now, I plan to play in Riyadh, and I’d be surprised if we don’t.\”
In four years with